InTouch Prime Checking is our premier checking account option. If you are looking for a checking account with the full slate of features, this may be the checking account you have been waiting for. The InTouch Prime Checking account pays tiered-rate monthly dividends, so you can get the returns that you have earned.
Prime Checking: Security and Convenience
The Prime Checking account offers you features that make your money conveniently easy to use, while keeping your security in mind. Prime Checking account holders receive unlimited check writing
and two free boxes of checks
, per year. This is backed up by free eStatements and paper statements
and free stop payments
. You can track your transactions in the way that is most convenient for you, and deal with a troublesome situation without charge.
Significantly, Prime Checking includes ID Protect®* for account owners and eligible family members 3. In a time when we must be diligent about keeping our data secure, InTouch Credit Union makes it easier for you by adding an extra layer of protection to our Prime Checking account holders. And for those assets that should be secure in a specific space, ITCU adds the benefit of Safe Deposit Box discount on the first-year rental fee. Your valuables are protected at a discount, because we place your peace of mind at a premium.
Financial Features of Prime Checking
The Prime Checking account offers many benefits, including financial ones. InTouch Prime Checking rewards those members who keep higher balances with higher monthly dividends, and even using your debit card brings rewards. This account features a purchase rebate of $0.05 for each debit card purchase of at least $25. You can earn up to a maximum monthly Prime purchase rebate of $4.
The Prime Checking account offers tiered rates and pays dividends monthly on the full balance. The tiers for the InTouch Prime Checking account are as follows (get current rates here):
- $1,500 – $9,999.99
- $10,000 – $49,999.99
- $50,000 – $99,999.99
While there is a minimum $100 deposit to open a Prime Checking account, it has no monthly minimum balance requirement.
The monthly service fee1 on this account is waived when you maintain a household balance of combined deposit and loan balances greater than, or equal to, $20,000. So keeping a higher balance earns you yet another reward.
Easy Access to Your Money
When you are traveling or just out and about at home, your money should be ready to hand. Prime Checking account holders receive up to six Non-ITCU ATM withdrawals per month without a fee from ITCU.1 Our members also have access to over 30,000 surcharge-free Non-ITCU ATMs across the country, so you can find surcharge-free ATMs wherever you go and avoid ATM-owner surcharges. The benefits of Prime Checking could hardly be more convenient or comprehensive.
Start enjoying Prime level rewards!
Or check out the checking comparison chart to make sure you pick the account that best suits your needs.
Additional Available Services
The following services are available to complement the Prime Checking Account:
- Apple Pay® digital wallet
- Debit Mastercard®
- MoneyLine (automated telephone banking)
- eReceipts, eStatements, eNewsletters and eNotices.
- ITCU ATM transactions
- Online Banking
- Personal Financial Management (PFM) app
- Ampre debit card cash back offers program
- Mobile Banking apps 2
- Account Alerts (via Online Banking)
- Bill Pay 1 (via Online and Mobile Banking)
- Courtesy Pay (Overdraft Protection)1
- Popmoney® (Person to Person Payment Service)1
- Cellular Telephone Protection3 - Receive up to $400 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad.
- $hopping Rewards™- Shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back (Registration/activation required. Available Online Only.)
- Travel & Leisure Discount Membership - Money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses (Registration/activation required. Available Online Only.)
- VIP Concierge Service – Relieve the hassle and provide yourself with personal assistance with last-minute or emergency travel, flight changes and much more! (The above service includes 24/7 services only. All costs to secure requests are the responsibility of the member.)
* IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s), their joint account owners and their eligible family members. Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
1 See Retail Fee Schedule for fee and related disclosures.
2 Message and data rates may apply.
3 Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is provided through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the certiﬁcate of insurance.