It’s never too early to learn about saving money or spending it wisely.
With this simple fact in mind, InTouch Credit Union has created three special youth and young adult programs to help our younger members understand how money works, how it can work for them, and how to manage it throughout their lives. With no minimum balances or monthly service fees on youth savings or checking accounts, kids can work with smaller amounts of money, and learn about finances at age-appropriate amounts.
Our youth and young adult accounts help you to teach some of life’s most important lessons in money management. With higher-rate certificates of deposit, kids can learn how money grows and recognize the value of saving. The checking account and debit card features of our youth/young adult accounts help you to guide them in budgeting and balancing their accounts. Best of all, Chip’s Kids Club, Geared Up! & On My Own quarterly online newsletters are available on our website to provide important age-appropriate financial education, so they can find information and increase their financial knowledge and independence.
Chip's Kids Club: Accounts for Our Youngest Savers
Children can learn very early that saving money is a powerful way to earn real-life rewards. Chip’s Kids Club helps that process by providing small incentives that kids can see adding up, along with their savings.
- Savings accounts for kids ages 0 through 12
- Accounts can be opened* with as little as a $5 initial deposit, plus $5 for the Membership Savings Account.
- Dividends, of a higher amount than a regular Savings Account, are paid starting at $5 or more.
- Receive a special Chip gift and a Chip’s Kids Club Membership Card at account opening.
- Open a Certificate Account with as little as $250 and receive higher than average yields.
- Check out Chip’s Quarterly Online Newsletter for fun money-related activities.
Get Your Little Ones Started on a Great Path
*Please note that children under the age of 13 may neither apply for an account nor provide personal information online in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. A parent or guardian must contact the Credit Union for these actions. Thank you.
Back to Top
Geared Up! Accounts for Teens
Teenagers make a lot of plans and want some independence to put them in motion. Geared Up!, the InTouch Credit Union account built just for the teenage years, helps them to see what it takes to make their money grow to meet their goals. Whether they are saving for that first car, planning a special trip, or saving hard for college, the benefits of Geared Up! give incentives to manage their money well.
Teens ages 13-17 will enjoy many benefits of belonging to Geared Up! The benefits begin with higher rate certificates, checking and savings accounts. The Geared Up! account-holder will also receive informative newsletters and links to help with college preparation and financing.
- Savings and Checking accounts for Teens ages 13-17
- Accounts may be opened with a $5 initial deposit, plus $5 for the Membership Savings Account.
- Dividends, at a higher rate than a regular savings account, are paid starting at $5 or more.
- No minimum deposit to open a checking account, no check clearing fees.
- Open a Certificate Account with as little as $250 and receive higher than average dividends.
- Debit card issued with checking accounts for 24/7 access.
- Receive the Quarterly Geared Up! Newsletter.
Get Your Teens Started With the Benefits of Their Own Accounts
Back to Top
On My Own: Accounts for Young Adults
Striking out on your own can be a challenge. InTouch Credit Union offers the On My Own accounts to make the financial side of things work to your advantage. With incentives specially designed to make your money go farther, and information to help you with astute money management, you can make your mark your way.
Young Adults ages 18-24 benefit from a membership in On My Own with special programs designed to help with the passage into adulthood. Advantages start with a higher interest rate certificate to build for the future, and specialized checking and savings programs. These advantageous rates and fee schedules are designed to provide you with financial momentum. Additionally, the On My Own quarterly newsletter contains topics and tips specifically targeted to help with the transition to successful financial independence.
- Savings and Checking accounts for young adults ages 18-24.
- Accounts can be opened with as little as $5, plus $5 for the Membership Savings Account.
- Dividends, at a higher rate than a regular savings account, are paid on a balance of $5 or more.
- No minimum balance or monthly service fees* on checking accounts.
- Debit card issued when a checking account is opened.
- Certificates can be opened with just $250 or more and receive a higher rate than regular CDs.
- Stay financially savvy with the On My Own Quarterly Newsletter.
Establish Your Independence Financially
Back to Top
*Other fees, such as Courtesy Pay, may apply - see Fee Schedule for details.